Come and follow us in the footsteps of Impressionists...
During more than half a century the coast of Grace, Le Pays de Caux, Deauville, Trouville and Rouen inspired many paintings.
If Eugène BOUDIN, Nicolas POUSSIN, JF MILLET and Raoul DUFY are Normans, many painters have been seduced by Normandy, it is here they came and have left their works to the region :
Eugéne ISABEY, VALLOTON, GERNEY, MARQUET, MONET, GERICAULT, FRIESZ, VAN DONGEN, BONINGTON, BRAQUE, JONGKIND.DAY 1 :
DAY 2 :
- 7:00am - Meet and greet with your English speaking guide driver at your hotel in Paris. Then, you will be driven to a wonderful day in Normandy.
- Giverny : The Seine Valley with its beautiful light is the birthplace of Impressionism. Claude Monet is the leader of this movement and is the father of modern painting. Monet lived for 40 years in Giverny.
DEAUVILLE / TROUVILLE: many impressionists have painted this charming area. Eugène Boudin died in Trouville; do not miss these two sea side resorts which have inspired so many artists.
HONFLEUR: when he was 16 years old, Monet met Eugène Boudin from Honfleur.This painter was already well established. Jongkind was also staying in the same area and he worked with them. During his studies in Paris, Monet got to know the "unruly children" of painting: Courbet, Corot, Sisley, Pissarro, Renoir and he brought them to Honfleur to the Saint-Simeon Farm.
- One night accommodation in a charming 3-star hotel or a 4-star hotel located in Honfleur (breakfast and dinner included) (no drinks included)
At the end of this wonderful day, you will return to Paris in the late afternoon where you will be drop off at your downtown hotel.
- Our driver-guide will meet you at your hotel at 9:00 am for your second day tour in Normandy. You will have the opportunity to cross the sea using the amazing Normandy Bridge...
- Le Havre : Monet grew up in Le Havre. He frequently went to Sainte-Adresse to paint.
- Etretat : Famous for its cliffs painted by all impressionists.
- You will have a break for lunch on your own in Etretat.
- Rouen : For two consecutive winters, Monet rented rooms in Rouen, located opposite the Cathedral
End of our services